Movie Review: Mokshya

Mar 12, 2014

So, how was the movie? Let me share how was it for me… MOKSHYA
I know it's late, but still...
First thing, those who are on my Facebook must have had the idea that I have went through all Oscar Nominated Movies in over all scenario, with few leaving behind. However,  I know how to watch Nepali movies, and I don’t think my these watching Hollywood would not bring biasness over here.
It shows how difficult it is to be at the success point, and basically in Nepal. I am highly inspired. It shows, how people will begin pulling down your leg when you kiss the peak of success. It is reality based. It shows, the side dream of youth, shows a love life and how things get different through one incident. Your life can change, completely upside down with one simple incident. However, there are rooms for opportunity. It is shown over here.

The movie is good! However, I do have only few criticisms to make here.
First, I found the problem of timeline. The story has been shown of 2003, and use of scooter Dio has been made. Ncell board could be observed. Maybe, there had to be consideration in these things. Was Dio available then? I am not sure, but I am sure Ncell was not introduced at that time.
Subtitles were not matching, if any foreigner would have to see this with view of subtitle, the sense would not be clear.

The story seems to be biased. Why was the character attacked? That was never explained! At times when the director explained seventy percent of story is real, I felt the reality is there hiding another story.
And finally, exaggeration could be noted. Over acting was found by few actors there. Peoples were laughing at serious times too, that indicated the failure of  movie to make serious. Again, the worst part I felt was, the character turns out to be favorite singer among all youths. That, I could not measure practically possible in Nepal. Even Sugam Pokharel was not best singer of entire classmates then, none could Kamal Khatri be favorite singer of all. The character turns out to be favorite singer, and the song he sings turns out to be best for every audience in the movie. I didn’t like that part.

And that’s it! Those were just my personal views, no hard feelings. I always love Nepali movies, and movies like this is what we need in Nepali movie Industry. Movie based on true story, we lack that! Let us all welcome and promote these movies!



No comments: