Celebrating Uganda's Independence Day!

Oct 9, 2014


Uganda got independent from Britain on 9th October 1962. I had no idea regarding this, however, today my Ugandan friends invited me to their program. They talked about their history and then talked about their independence. I had never been to any such Independence Program before. Couple of months back, I was attending Indian’ Independence Day, and today I was at Uganda’s.

This day indeed is wonderful day to feel proud for those citizens. They are so happy that they get to make decision over their country, and are happy that it is representative who decides the future of their country. This day somewhat made me feel that we miss Independent Day. Had British ruled over Nepal, maybe we would be celebrating this day as well, but we were never dependent on any one.

Does that mean that we lack such day to show our patriotism? Certainly not, we do have our Democracy Day, we do have our Loktantra Diwas, Prajatantra Diwas, Ganatantra Diwas. But, why does none of them bring such strong vibes within us? I wonder! Maybe, after their independence day, they moved towards something betterment, and despite of various day that we celebrate, we still are in the same place. We have not yet moved towards the path of success and happiness.

Learning how people love their country, by organizing small program of their own was really impressive! We all love our place anyway!

Happy Independence Day Uganda!


No comments: