Discussion Culture

May 21, 2016

We have been taught to discuss from our childhood level itself. We have been taught to quarrel and present our views on - if village life is better or if it is the city life. We have been taught to discuss on - if pen is superior to the weapon. We used to discuss with our arguments.




At the end of the day, we used to realize that the views presented by other parties are equally powerful. Today, we discuss as well. But, we have this habit of not listening to others.

I use twitter a lot. Every time I present idea, my ideas are generally supported through likes and retweets. But, once I meet someone who opposes my idea or stands opposite to it, I never find him/her going into discussion. After three-four tweets, I fear what he/she might feel. How will he/she perceive me? 'Stubborn'? I then stop the argument.


Even, when I am with friends, I feel like discussing, opposing their views. But, after two-three arguments, I feel that they are heating up taking the issue seriously. Others around get bored too. I then stop arguing and stop presenting my points. I don't want to be bad anyone because I think differently than what he thinks.

Only when we have healthy discussion, we understand that the grass in greener on the other side. We then know the other sides of the coin. It's not about insulting others, but it is more about presenting the views. It's not the fight that we are having, but understanding each other's perception. It's not about criticizing someone's thought or thinking, but about knowing each others perception. It's not about being heated up, but preseting our views.


#IamWithKPOli and #StopOlingMe are currently on going discussions.How are we discussing? You don't need to be UML party affiliated to express the views that  - Oli is the first PM of republic Nepal who stood against India in such a bold manner. And you should not be non-UML to say that he has been talking a lot, and working little. Should you?

It's obvious for us to support some ideas that is not supported by others. It's not always about coming to conclusion, but it can be ongoing process.

Let's respect each other. But yeah, let's discuss!







No comments: