First Benchers

Jun 6, 2010
First Benchers





When you are in your class, where will be your seat? Well, the answer may vary. Some one may pop out 'First bench' while the other may say 'last' or even 'some where in the middle'. When I was in my school, my teachers used to say 'Who seats in the first bench will be doctors and engineers'. I along with my group, we used to ignore and give damn and prefer second last bench.

We used to believe that if we seat there teacher would not get that negative impression, as his primary focus will be at the last bench. It was fun sitting somewhere round teh back, talking and gossiping and who cares? Even if we sleep. Playing scrabbles, making noise are all the good and memorable parts of backbenches. When I came down to my +2, considering yourself good students with the view of SLC marks we decided to sit somewhere in the middle. We had to stay alert as well as got ample of opportunities to make a good time pass with the crosswords.

Today I am at Bachelor level, and I sit in the first bench. "Oh! What a terrific place" used to be my thought in early days. But after getting adopted, I really don't want to go back and sit there. When I see backbenchers, I remember of my school days which brings smile in my face.

There obviously are just few first benchers among any group. Some don't get chance to sit in the first bench while many dont prefers sitting there in the first bench. One needs to dare to sit in the first bench of his or her class. There are many benefits that you can get when you sit in the first bench. Sharing from my personal experience, first good part is that first benchers get required attention of the teachers and can get enough time from the teachers. Positive impression sticks within the mind of teachers.
Self-confidence takes birth when one is in the first bench. First benchers are always ready and mentally prepared for any situation that can occur in the class. Even if I don't know the answer, I turn the pages as soon as teacher asks any question. Obviously first benchers cannot have the freedom of playing scrabbles and will have to give a look before moaning, they will have to stay alert in the class obviously.

It's me young dude writing the view, I don't know where my seat maybe tomorrow. When one lives his life, live it to it's fullest. Experience every moments of your life. Go ahead! Kick your first benchers back and take his seat at least for a week. Trust me you will definitely develop a new sense of feeling. Experiencing the life of first, middle and backbenchers, all I have to say is, you get memories for your future when you sit in the last, and you will be near to good future when you sit in the first!

It's not that you need to seat in the first to be first, you can come first sitting in last but you willl definitely gain something positive when you sit in the first. If you don't believe, try it once!


PUBLISHED IN THE RISING NEPAL ON JUNE3 2010

No comments: