Go Nepal Go!!

Sep 10, 2013

Group watching Nep vs Afg at Dumre in a wide projector
‘Despite of loss; Nepal played a well game this time.’ A huge common voices all around could be heard this time. During every game, there were only two status and tweets by me. First one is ‘Football is uniting us…’ Second one was ‘Go Nepal Go!’

My second status was definitely a cheer from my side. Since I was not in the ground, all I could do is cheer from my facebook and twitter account. I was seriously missing the real time cheer from the ground thereby. My first one was kind of unique… but supported and understood by entire readers. Yes! Football was uniting us again!

At the time when we are busy talking about choosing our supporting party. Maoists, Congress, UML, Madeshi; football was one strong way to bring unity within us. No matter where we belonged: Terai, Hill or Mountain, we were all with our national flag. We were all with one voice NEPAL!
During the first match between Nepal and Bangladesh, I was at Pulchowk Engineering campus. It was amazing that the regular Chelsea and Manchester United fan were with voice of Nepal. The two antis of Australia and India, was with single voice Nepal! This was the reason why I posted status during the first game!

On the second match, between Nepal and Pakistan; where the score of 1-1 was the end; I was on the street. I could check regular updates from the Televisions placed at various places. On the bus, I was simply checking updates using GPRS, and suddenly the guy next to me asked about the score. When I updated him, the talk began…
‘Nepal is playing good this time, aint it?’
‘Yeah…Last game was awesome!’
The guy back of us joined the talk, ‘Maybe it is home adavantage for us!’
‘No! Have you noticed we are following astrology this time?’ Next lady spoke!

I was all so conscious seeing the unity among us! We were all united! We were all with same voice! Nepal! Five of us, who were completely unknown talked like friends sitting together. Was not this the unity among us? I there itself posted my status… ‘Football is uniting us!’

During the third match, I was away for trek. I was at Dumre, waiting for the bus to Besisahar. So the game began when we were at Dumre itself. I was amazed to see people all around in a group watching the game in a 32’ TV. Wow!! We joined till first twenty minutes, and then we had to leave the place.
I was checking updates using GPRS, until the network went. The score was 0-0. I was talking with my friend, when the man next to us suggested to tune us to Ujjyalo 90. Wow! The bus began the football talk; but the sad part was; we came to know that it broadcasted 2 mintues late. Only when we received a call, from friend from capital and talked and he informed the Nepal was leading; the update was made in our cell phone.

The game ended with 2-1 with Nepal’s victory thereby.
Now; on the semi with Afghanistan, we were having tough time. Everyone knew this. I was back from my trek to Dumre, waiting for night bus to Kathmandu to arrive. The local youths of Dumre made projector’s view thereby. I was watching the game from Manang Hotel and Lodge having tea there, after coming to know about the projector I ran there and supported the mass.
The bus we caught was all filled with same talk till we arrived capital.
Yeah’ we lost that game… I still posted…. ‘The best thing about football is unity, and it is uniting us’. 

Yes! It united us!

Bimal was treated supreme in the game, while Chand was seen as culprit. I don’t believe in all those, it is game, and it happens. Best thing is we respected our loss, and respected the game’s fairness!
I find next thing stupid here, at the time when country is ready to invest such huge amoung (flat with regular salary) if won, why are we failing to make similar investment for the preparation of football? To make players strong? So I think it is wise to make investments before too.... Yeah' later investment is required too... To prevent match fixing specially..

It is high time we need to play huge international friendly matches!
More than loss, and feeling of hatred! I think we need to learn lesson from our loss! By the way, I believe it is media who has been contributing in such spaces. Five years back, when no such live telecasts were shown, the craze was not huge either. So I think medias should telecast live games to increase the craze!
Anyway, it united us! That’s what I loved the most here!! Go Nepal Go!!

No comments: