Life for Rent

Sep 3, 2013

 
It’s only a thought, only thought…
If my life is for rent… and I don’t learn to buy…
 Well I don’t deserve more than I get,
Cos nothing I have is truly mine..


How many of you have heard this song of Dido? I seriously love this song! I just heard it after a real long time. Really a long time!  I don’t know how Dido has explained this song, but I have separate understanding that may or may not match yours.
Well, yes! It is we people, who decide to lend our property to lend it to someone for rent, or to make use of it ourselves. Exactly like you have a house, and it is up to you to decide whether you are going to lend it for someone for rent or make use of it yourself. If you have more than that house to live in, you are ready for rent. But, the case is of life, you have only one. And if you still lend it to someone for rent, rather than making use of it yourself; you deserve the state you are in right now.
You only have a house, you rent it to someone. If they did not take care of it properly, rather broke it, made it dirty, it is you who deserve that; since you have played with your only property. So, if you have lent your life to someone, dedicated completely for him or her, yes! You deserve how they treat your life, because nothing you have is truly yours. It is theirs now!
No! I don’t mean, you should never lend your life to anyone. You cannot live your life all alone. So rent your life to those who are ready to rent their life to you. Consider you have house here in Kathmandu, but you have to live in Pokhara. Now, if you find the person whose house is there in Pokhara, but have to shift to Kathmandu. You both rent the house for each other! The trust will never let you to make misuse of the house.
So, what say? Is your life all for rent? Don’t keep your house with the board of ‘ON RENT’ for every cheap person who doesn’t know how to respect your life!!
Listen up the song!! I seriously love the song! You may love it too….

2 comments:

Subhasini Shrestha said...

hmm liked the way you explained it :) on how life works as per the song I guess. But then i guess is one to choose one how they wanna live, rent it or not, its their decision to take:), and the consequences to bare!

Dwaipayan said...

Well yeah' it is up to one's decision... whether to rent it or not.. but don't you regard someone stupid who rent's his or her life for someone without the outcome (satisfaction)? Or am I too output seeking?