My initiation for Entrepreneurship

Jun 6, 2014


If you want to earn a lot, there can be two ways. Either, take the illegal path, or be an entrepreneur!

 
There are subjects taught on Entrepreneurship, there are lots of trainings granted on it. But I believe, entrepreneurship is not a lesson to be taught, or the subject that can be done through workshops and seminars. Entrepreneurship is a lesson for sure, but it cannot be taught in class.

It is the real field job, or the task that has to be taught by situation. People, whom we should deal, let that be partners, or clients, customers or anyone… they are the teachers!

Now, after being a BBA Graduate, I must say, I have attended around dozens of interviews, from Media Houses to Banks; form schools to business houses. However, I was no way motivated to work for them! Maybe, I had this idea of MBA in my mind that kept me away from job greed. But, it is never interesting and satisfying to work for some others.

Entrepreneurship is not all about investing, there is huge role of idea here, and your ability to risk!
Risk is not all about loss of financial loss. There are others loss too.
Risk of effort
Risk of prestige
Risk of investment
Risk of time
Risk of trust

So, when you have ability to risk all these issues, you can make your movement.

I have done few things in my life, that will make me feel proud, time and again…
1.       The Creative Nepal
Initial Investment: 0       
Risk:       Effort, Prestige, Time, Trust

Back in 2005, I was in grade 8, we talked with our School Administration regarding publishing our Annual Magazine. They collected articles, time and again, and published it once in fi
ve year. I had made huge effort to write article then… I wrote it using my full capacity, but it was rejected. It would have been okay, if other better articles were published, but the published articles were worse than mine.

Hence, I and my fellow mates, we formed a group, collected donations from peoples of our reach, and tried our best for advertisement. We provided advertisement at cheapest cost and ultimately we published fortnightly Youth Newspaper then!

We had 8 issues printed, and due to the disputes among the partners and interference of school’s administration we had to stop it!

Profit: Nil! But not in loss.
Learning : There are lot of aspects beyond course books. Hence, there is another world that we are never conscious of. I learnt my writing skill ever since.



2.       Copy Project
Initial Investment: Rs 200
Risk: Effort, Prestige, Time, Trust



Back in 2009, I and my friend Gaurab Koirala, we bought few extra notebooks from our hometown to Kathmandu. Now, we knew that they were expensive in capital. Hence, we started bringing it from our home town.

Later, when we shared with our friends, they too demanded the notebook.

Hence, we came up with the idea of it. With initial investment of Rs 200 per head, and 400 in total, we bought 16 note books and sold the notebooks costing 25 at 40. Within very less time we figured out the scopes here.

Now, we started bringing paper, and started doing our own assembling thing. We could produce 150 notebooks in 8  hours.

Everything was going fine, till we planned to bring other partners and expand in books too. So we published Pokhara University’s BBA Question Bank out of it bringing other partners. Ultimately, the disputes within the partners and lack of marketing made the Question Bank Project a failure, and we ended up!

Profit: More than expected!
Learning: Be specialized in one sector, and try to be good, better and best in that sector before dreaming the other world!

3.       Alliance CMAT Preparation
Initial Investment: 500
Risk: Effort, Prestige, Time, Trust

It is the present case. After all, I was 3rd in CMAT, a blogger and I had a friend who was CMAT as well as College Topper. Using his name, there were peoples who were making profit. So we decided to run our own institute. He would be taking Math classes, and for me English would be fine. We had subjects like Logical reasoning, that other our classmates could take.

Best thing was, we were SDC Graduates, and there were lot of plus two graduates who want to get enrolled in SDC. Hence, we had this advantage as we could guide them as seniors too.

This thing is running, let’s see how it works.
Profit: More than expected, (We have not yet distributed, but it’s kind of sure!)
Learning:  Planning is the most difficult thing to do, and consistency is next challenging factor hereby!
Now, I don’t mean that I will be an entrepreneur in near future, but I have interest in it. I will do my jobs, but will certainly allocate time for this thing as well.

No comments: