Song Review: Nepali #3 Songs, on my playlist !!

Jun 19, 2014



There was time, when I used to trust Kantipur FM’s Chartbuster for finding best latest Nepali Songs. Today I don’t have any reliable source to find out the best Nepali songs. I don’t trust any Media Channels today
. There are 10 songs shown by Image Channel, and none of them fall under Top 10 category of Kantipur TV. Now this is amazing, why there are two different listing. When bill boards and VH1 too have various overlapping songs, two media houses don’t have songs in common!

I can clearly sense the biasness hereby, promoting singers who are near and dear to them. They have not yet understood that their corrupted mind, is not only discouraging Nepali Music Industry, and good songs, but they have been losing goodwill too. It is surprising, when people like me don’t find their best songs in Chartbusters of Nepali Media.

It  might have been the case that, my taste for Nepali music might have changed, or maybe I am still looking for Sugam Pokharel’s songs as those of 2060’s. But, I have found three songs that I am seriously addicted to, at this season…



#1 Sajana Shrestha ft. Kamal Khatri ::: Sunaulo Bihanima…
Sajana Shrestha’s earlier song ‘Timi Sanga Antim Palta Vetna Baaki Chha’ had already won my heart then. Now, this is another song that I got to hear from her, I have no idea if there were songs in the middle time or not. But, for the very first time I heard the song, I was like ‘Oh My God!! We still have such songs!!’
Kamal Khatri on the other hand, has been able to gain my interest as well. The combination is such a great. I like the part, when they sing… ‘Aau hami maya gasaau’… The video is amazing too. The models are great! Seriously, I am in love with the song!




#2 Indira Joshi ft. Santosh Lama ::: Behuli
मेरै अघि मेरी माया, आज अर्कै कि बेहुली.. This is how the song starts. It is kind of emotional song, something that may touch your heart. I have never heard Santosh Lama before, or have I heard him earlier? I have no idea! The song potrays the picture of how delay in proposal makes her arkai ki behuli… Thanks to local television Makalu TV of Biratnagar, who was playing the song and I got attention to this song! The video is great!! And now, it’s like the song is in my mouth, stuck… I am singing it all the time!






#3 Rajina Rimal, Yubraj Chaulagain, Melina Rai ::: Pal Var Mai Khusi
It was accepted back during the time of Sano Sansar itself that, Nepali Movies can have great numbers. This was supported further through various other movies. Lately, songs of Manjari was able to gain attraction of large number of youths as well.
For now, it is the song of this movie November Rain that I am attracted towards. November Rain? I was like! Huh!! Don’t they find other names when I saw posters in the streets of valley? I don’t care what the movie is all about, I don’t bother about any stories thereby, but this song seriously is great!
The video is worth watching too, and for viewers like me, who get attracted towards song without watching movie, it is okay to watch once. Had it been away from Movie, the video was kind of okay too. Namrata Shrestha is always beautiful, Aryan Sigdel is always handsome! So, the video is great! Have focus on lyrics, have focus on music, and listen to the voices! They all are great! A great combination!!





It is not that we lack good songs; it is sometimes they don’t get promoted! I first blame the biased Medias for this. Call it popular TV Shows: Music of Your Choice, or Call Kantipur, who should have taken responsibility to promote good music, don’t feel their responsibility. I am sure, by the end of next year, I can find people who would have not heard of these songs too. I blame media primarily for this.
Second is the audiences, who always want to dominate our local taste!
Make sure if you have checked in this post, you listen to these three songs, and give me feedback of my taste! Because, once I feel good, I don’t hesitate marketing, even if there is not benefit for me..!! All the listed songs are duos, there may be other wonderful songs that I am missing too… if there are some new wonderful songs, let me know! I surely would love to listen!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

dammi choice.. same here