5 Years of Blogging! Thank You Everyone!

Jan 26, 2015


I would never start a blog, if I would have found other place to store my writing! So too keep the record of my published pieces, I opened up this blog! I still remember the first post that I kept, from the lab of Shanker Dev Campus! I feel like just few days ago, and now it has been five years! 


I started writing back when I was in Grade 10, when I used to hate studying for SLC! That was when I started writing for 'Letters to the Editor' section of national newspapers. However, I started blog kind of late...
I could show others my article too, along with the records that I could maintain up. This was interesting. I used to look few professional bloggers blog then, few from Nepal too and the best thing I used to find was Archive in their’s. That used to be regular. I thought of doing so, and by the time first year was over, this turned into a habit. I had to post at least once a month, no matter what.

The blog was of simple type, kind of boring back then. However, next year, I changed the theme, and it looked something different. I must thank my childhood friend Prajwal who showed me the track of changing theme. That had to be done anyway.

I then created facebook page for the blog too. It has almost 1000 likes till now.
My every published writing used to be on the blog, and the only way I could promote them was through facebook, which I rarely did during those days. More than showing others, I had the intention of collecting my articles.

Gradually, few people started following my blog. I never understood what this following was unless I created twitter account. This twitter account helped me to associate with next world! My blog started getting more views and then.

It was Nishant, who later contributed to change the entire theme of my blog, and I had different labels too. It is now more than a year that I am with this theme, and this one looks good for me!
Today, the blog has more than 200000 views!
Teaching is not easy- is the most viewed post in my blog till the current date.

I still remember the day when I wrote that first writing, that got published in The Kathmandu Post, ‘Writing, not easy’ I seriously feel like writing it yesterday itself, and that is the best thing that I ever wrote. I keep on reading it time and again and get inspired from my own writing. Had that writing not been published, I would probably never get so motivated! I still remember the last line calling myself ‘Ahem, a writer!’
http://dwaipon.blogspot.in/2011/04/writing-is-not-easy-my-first-writing.html

I know I have made lot of mistakes, maybe some of the things are not satisfactory. I am sorry if I have done anything that was against yours. I know there are lot of things that I need to improve. Your suggestions are always welcome to me.

Thank You every one who have shown support towards my blog till this date. Thank You every readers, thank you everyone who even checked it once, thank you everyone who supported me, thank you everyone who motivated. Thank You every SDCians who were always supportive, Thank You my current classmates,  Thank You BFM family, Thank You Progressive Literary Society (which no longer exists), Thank You every one from YUWA, Thank You every one from Amnesty International Family, Thank you The Kathmandu Post, Thank You The Himalayan Times, Thank You Republica, Thank You The Rising Nepal, Thank You to various magazines who supported me!

Thank You Govinda Acharya sir, who praised me always and made me an example for your every students!Thank You Prateek Pradhan sir, (current Chief Editor of Nagarik Daily), who published my letters back then. You have always been my inspiring person!

Thank You Ashis and Prasan dai who motivated me in those early days. Had there not been the show ‘Voice of Nepal’, maybe I would not get that conscious. Thank You Kamala didi, Thank You to all my friends whom I met because of this writing circle, Thank You everyone who used to be under my team in those Creative Nepal’s day! Thank You Yuwa Chautari Team, Thank You Arniko Mirror, who did not publish my writing back when I was in 3, who kind of raised ego within me! Thank You everyone who calls me ‘Hawa’ that has been one motivating word for me. Thank You everyone who regards me ‘Serious Guy’, that has been another reason for me to get inspired. Thank You Mom! Thank You Dad! And best of all, Thank You my sweetest and dearest sister Riju! How would I be here without you? Thank You everyone! Sorry if I  missed Thanking You, but yes you know you certainly deserve my thanks!

I know your support and contributions anyway, and I will never forget them.  Thank You Sonam Sir (who no longer is in my contact) for motivating me during those school days! I hope to receive support from you in days to come as well! I hope I could take this 5 to 10!

No comments: