Ignored

Jan 6, 2015


                   A poem about being ignored. At times, maybe we all feel that we all were ignored...
                





In the end,
I was the one to be ignored!
Stories have to bend,
But I was the one to be bored.
Life was good,
I was part of your fun,
Today like the ignored wood,
You triggered me, pointing same old gun.
Still, I promise to be nice,
Because I still have time to spend.
I can’t be the cunning mice,
Selfish, because I may need you dear friend!
Okay, I can celebrate on my own,
Laugh, enjoy and dance with joy.
Yeah, I know I do wear the throne,
And I know I am different toy!
But still I had to expect,
Welcoming smile, invitations and call.
As I thought you’d respect,
The formalities in my fall.
Yeah, I can celebrate on my own,
Cut cake, blast balloon with sparkles in my face,
After all, I have different muscle and different bone.
And, I do have a different pace!
But, feels bad to know,
How things change, how people change.
Anyway, I promise to show,
My head distinct from that distant range!
But, in the end,
I was the one to be ignored,
Now be alert, I promise not to lend,
My arms, in the days when you get bored!

Published in Summer Issue of Saathi, literary magazine 2014-15
Photo: Blogger's collection, captured in Kochi, India 2014.

No comments: