Hyder-Abad!!

Jun 23, 2016
Hyderabad is a bigger city. Bigger than I thought. If you take an auto, they may charge you very high - and they have to because the place could be like 30 kms away from the airport, or the railway station. This city is also a Muslim city - but not up to my expected Muslim density was observed, as I had been to Kashmir previously.




Lifestyle is similar than any other city of India. There were metros constructions going on, I could see that and as my friend told, they have progressed much faster than his expectation. Maybe, there will be metros running in Hyderabad by next couple of years.


Movie craze there

There were places to visit - Charminar, Golkonda fort, but I had no time. I could see Golkonda fort from the bus itself, and I had to pass through Charminar on my way. So that does not mean I missed them. Ah, there was some beautiful lake, with Buddha's statue that I found on internet, I could not visit that place though I was near. Or, the Flim City is what I missed.

I however did not compromise with this Hyderabadi Biryani. Since it had been more than two years I was in South India, I was already a fan of Biryani. I got to taste the Biryani of Hyderabad! Ah! That was awesome! Maybe I'll cook this thing when I am back home. It's actually cheap - You don't need to make daal or vegetables if you have this.

Morning life in Hyderabad
I could see movies poster thereby, but all of them were South Indian movies. Hyderabad probably was less influenced by Bollywood. But, most surprisingly, Hyderabad is so center to every place - infact most of the place. Mumbai is one night travel in train, so is Bangalore and so is Goa, so is Chennai.
Worst part of Hyderabad was heat. It would go so high that 42 degree would turn out to be normal temperature. But, let me share the best part too - and that is - Hyderabad is cheap. Yes, much cheaper than compared to Bangalore. Instead of paying 600 to auto, you can travel by public bus at Rs 20. My friend told how cheap the rents were there too.

Next beautiful thing - Peacock - and they are everywhere. Hyderabad Univesity students wake up with the sound of peacock - Aint' that so amazing? I was about to ask this partner in bus - Do you eat peacock meat? And suddenly I realized that this was their national animal.
Also next good thing here is people understand Hindi to large extent. Although I met people who didn't understand Hindi at all, but that was very less compared to these extreme south places.
 
Now, why should you visit Hyderabad? Are you planning to study in India? Trust me - Bangalore and Delhi are not only the good places in India.  Hyderabad has good colleges too. And you should not visit this place because it is cheap, not because it has peacocks - but for Biryani!




No comments: