On my way

Jun 6, 2016

Maybe it's not wise to post this in my blog, but I have to clarify this. My tweet has been shared in Mens Room Reloaded (MRR) and Nepali Adult Jokes creating certain certain discussion series.


I know the lyrics is all about appraisal of King. I know there are complexities in the word. I understand how the song was kind of making citizens 'slave' of King, and in no way I mean to say I am in support of Monarchy.
 
All I mean through this tweet -
1. I sang this national song for more than 10 years (Nursery - Grade 9), which has my entire childhood memories. I grew up with this national song, so I find this song more appealing.

2. The lyrics were respect towards the King - but, at that time, none of us were against the King, were we? (At least before Former King Gyandendra's Ku, or let's move further before Royal Palace Massacre) We all were proud of our king. So the respect to our system then and now is two different aspects.

3. The lyrics of present National Anthem is good. I mean seriously good, but still it does not create that feeling of Nationalism within me. More than this anthem, songs like - Rato Ra Chandra Surya - JangI Nishan.... Or Jaso Gara Je Gara.. They get into my nerves.



These were my personal feelings, and I posted them in my twitter. That is it. I no way meant that I am supporter of Monarchy. Also, I didn't indicate that I am against present system. I hate the present politics, but does not mean that I am against it. Apart, I received hundreds of supportive comments and other hundreds of criticisms. That was okay, but in every aspect - I am writing this post to state that I am not part of monarchy lover or anything as such. Those were simply my personal feelings.

Again, it's our habit to regard something of the past 'better' than our present. It could be that I have been victim of that as well.



No comments: