INTEREST COUNTS

May 10, 2010
Interest Counts



Are you bored of your job? Do you want to avoid your job? Or how often do you try to escape from your work place? Do you spend your time in making different excuses for staying absent?


If it is so, do you have any justificable reason? One reason for hating your work is that you really dont want to do the job. That is you are or were never interested in that job. Well, the main reason for me to say it is that I miss my job today. It was for year I worked in FM station as an RJ. I always dreamed of being a celebraty and getting somewhere in the media. May be because of my inner interest, I not only worked as an RJ but also did the task of preparing advertisements, mixing and editing jingles. And the best part was I always enjoyed it. I also had the desire to read news, but in that short period of time I could not do that task. I hardly cared for the salary but I worked with full interest as speaking in radio was part of my aim. I had to stay away from that best part because

 I had to continue my studies and had to leave my home town. I dont remember other things there
but I badly miss the FM station, the mike, the chair and the entire environment. I still seek for vacancies in FM station, but fail to get it as a part time one. Poor me!

I am not sure if all the job holders feel the same way or not. But I believe 'if right person are placed in the right time at the right place' obviously the output will still be much fruitful as the organization will get truely dedicated staffs. A person having inner interest to work in medical line can never perform better than medical field when he is kept as an accountant and paid even more. And such case will bring negative output to both individual and organization.

First duty of an individual is to identify what he really wants to do tommorow. He has to recognize his personal interest, desire and his wants. He then should be able to convey it to his near and dear ones including his family members. Family members and friends should equally support him. Country at this time require truely dedicated staffs. A doctor should be true doctor who studied MBBS for himself taking it as his passion not as per the desire of his parents. Only then the field of doctory will turn to be
effective.

Sharing my view, I had the true desire to work in media. I worked and today I am out of it. I don’t know where I will work tommorow but I am sure my enthuasism will always be there for the job of RJ. Through my one year experience, all I got to understand is that when one is truly dedicated towards the job from the inner heart, he works to his fullest. If anyone out there doubts, close your eyes and find your interest and rush for it and measure the enthusiasm.

PUBLISHED IN THE RISING NEPAL ON MAY 6

No comments: