Walking in Banda

May 9, 2010
Walking in Banda



Being a Nepali it's not a huge thing to ace Banda, time and again. What do you do on this day? I simply stay at my room, go through my course studies and get updated with the news. But this time, I thought of doing something extra.

As I was on the capital this time, I thought of making visit round the valley. So with the purpose to visit embassy, to get known about the various scholarship programmes, I with my friends got set to walk. We first went to Nepal Tourism Board to get the map. There were hundreds of agitators sitting on the road, busy eating as if they were enjoying picnic. Then, our legs moved towards Ratnapark, where there was a huge gathering and the agitators were dancing below the air bridge. 'What a scene!' Not just we guys, but even the tourist must have been thinking and that's why they were clicking photo. Our legs gradually moved towards Durbar Marg which indeed as so silent! Nothing beside the crowd of agitators existed. Young people carrying flag were walking who seemed were having loads of fun. What qualification had he gained? And is he well informed about why is he agitating? Then we reached in front of Durbar, where I asked if king would be there, we might at least not see this day.

Slowly, we headed towards Lazimpath after visiting Indian, British, Canadian, French Embassy. There the agitators showed their real character.They shouted when the van of police passed their way with some vulgar words. Ah! Aren't those police there for security? What enmity were they showing? And when a teen girl passed through the crowd, the crowd was shouting teasing the girl. This ultimately led me to think that all those idiot fellows exists in the party who have nothing to do with their real life. We were searching for Finland embassy looking the map when our minds bugged up! We were shocked to figure
out that the embassy has been shifted to Bishalnagar. Oh! So why's there the mistake? My friend asked! Umm...In Big Places, such minor things are common...was my reply! No matter where ever it is, we still walked when we got to see PM's resident. Ah! What a beautiful place, what a beautiful street!

Why the road out of PM's residence and other streets in valley had such difference? Is it that only PM requires a neat place to live in? Then, after drinking a cup of tea we again started walking. Walking in Kathmandu for the people who are from out of capital was a separate fun for obvious. I would never walk for such a long distance spending such a huge time if I was in my hometown, All of us accepted that walking in Kathmandu was full of fun. And trust me! Walk with your friends at the time of Banda, you will really not just have fun but also get to learn many things.

No comments: