Rap and My Experience…

Oct 17, 2013

Honestly, it was Girish and Pranil who introduced Rap in my life. I was in grade 6 then, when I used to sing…. Ma yesto chhu, Ma testo chhu in the class… I had entire lyrics mugged up thereby. Gradually I heard NSK then… Oh yes! I grew crazy fan of Nepsyadaz and sweet fan of Unity as well.
Black Eyed Peas and Linkin Park came up next in my life after that. Eminem’s song was difficult, however I listened to few of his songs. My taste of music changed gradually… Rock, Metal, Sentimental…and I am with Slow Rock these days. But I do have passion for rap still in my mind. So there probably are hundred of rap singers right now in national and international Rap World!

For Nepalese trend, I still have huge respect for Girish. His song, his lyrics are the thing that makes me feel that Rap culture exists in the country. For western culture, I think Black Eyed Peas, Linkin Park and Eminem are more than enough. I seriously don’t think I need to listen to any others song. Oh yes… I liked Airplane thing the last time… Script ft Will I Am was awesome part as well… But, I still miss the song like Where is the love? I still miss the song like Drugs Mero girl, Malai vote deu.


Rap song has separate entertainment. It creates energetic vibes within, one feels like bringing revolution through hot boiling blood. After all, rap is the best way to express the dissatisfaction and presenting the anger. You get to express your entire feelings without any feeling of lagging behind anyway. Rap needs to be rhyming and few catchy lines would further make it catchy. It is kept within the portion of hip hop music. Since 1960 itself, rap was regarded a slang term. And it means speaking fast or reading fast.


I wanted to sing few rap numbers too, and hence I remember the days when I used to feel so smart when I used to chat few minutes with Girish or Sudhin. After all, I belong to the city of BRT as well. My craze for Rap gradually went down with the time, but today when I listen to Nepali Rap music, I seriously feel like there is something missing! Maybe I am grown up, or it could be that seriously something is lacking!

No comments: