Pondy Travel

Aug 6, 2014



So, this was our first trip to Pondicherry.  One another state after Goa that has separate freedom!
Our trip was horrible one, adventurous one, unifying one, and funny one, boring one, and what not?







Horrible!
We had to manage out through tough tasks, because under the strict provision of hotel boundary, getting out of hostel was tedious thing. And again, we had to go with girls! It was tough managing, it was tough lying, it was tough making excuses…!!

Adventurous!
None of us had been to this place before! We had no idea which bus to catch, and from where? We had no idea, the amount they would charge, we had no idea the time it would take, we had no idea of anything. All we were moving was on the basis of those people’s voice who had been there before! Yeah everything was adventurous!

Unifying!
Yeah’ it indeed was unifying of course! 18 Nepalese, and the thing was at least I had not seen faces of all before. I had not talked to boys from same block too, and girls? I had not even seen them. (Sounds funny? ) So, at least all of them knew each other! I guess I talked to everyone… on the trip! That makes me use the word ‘Unifying’!

Funny!
Yeah’ this part was really funny. We got out of Auro Beach, planning to stay at Paradise beach after the breakfast. Once we reached Paradise beach, we found out everything so expensive. It was like more than ten times expensive than Auro Beach. So, we returned back to Auro beach, and slept at the same place.

Boring!
I don’t want to share the boring part. Nope, I am not winking my eye here.

Our Movement:
Day 1:
It was 11.15 am when we took a bus from Vellore, that charged us 70 Rupees till Pondicherry Bus Park. We reached the bus park of Pondicherry at 4. We just saw the Nepali name, ‘Buhari Resturant’ nearby, and went to take our lunch? I don’t know what they call for the food of 4! As expected, nothing was Nepali food there except the name. So we took the stuffs like Biryani, Matar Paneer, to feed our stomach. We then got a big sized auto reserved to take us till Auro Beach. They charged us Rs 30 per head. Yeah it was 30! We got straight towards the cottage, where we were with two cottages! It was Rs 200 per head!
And then we got out to beach, took baths in the sea. I remembered by first time too. It was back in 2012 when I saw the sea waves for the first time in my life. I was with that very memory then. I didn’t made any attempt to get into the water, I had this fear that I would be caught with tonsil then. Movement around the beach was how we passed the evening. I slept on the ground floor.
Auro beach

Day 2:
So we woke up to see the sun rise. I had seen sun set from Goa, and it was sun rise from this part of world. Let me describe this…
It was dark, and then gradually light came. A thin line of rays came out of the sea, and gradually moved up in such a way that as if it was pulling some orange bed sheet above. This sheet was of oval shape, just above the water. And finally got its shape, maybe before I blinked my eye.
We got around, and went inside the water! Oh!! The sand was horrible! I just remembered someone posted about the beach then ‘Worst Beach’! the sand was thick, and once you get rubbed, you were likely to get injured. The beach was dirty too, there were group of fishermen residing nearby the beach, who were responsible for that. By 9, we took our breakfast and took move to some garden nearby the bus park. We had rest there, and we marched towards Paradise Beach carrying our bags.
Amazing!
Cottages above the water, cottages above the tree! Seriously, I thought I’d spend my honeymoon there! We asked for prices there and it was Rs 3000!! Oh my God!! I thought, we tried finding cheaper hotels nearby, and nope! We could not! So we took a boat ride from the place till the beach, they charged us Rs 150 there. We took bath in the sea, this place was much more better than Auro Beach. But it was already 4, and we could enjoy for an hour the maximum, and we had to return back!
So 15 of them got into the boat while returning, and I was alone! Oh!! ‘I am with them!!’ I shouted, and they said, ‘Wait for the next!’ All I could do is wave them my hand. Luckily, this other friend was with me too! So, two of us went back after twenty minutes…
We then took bus to Bus Park (Charged us Rs 5), and from there to Auro Beach (Charged us Rs 6). We got to our cottages, and had evening like the first day. 
Paradise Beach
Cottage where we stayed in Auro Beach

Day 3:
It was 12. Two of our friends had birthday! We celebrated it. I hate birthday of mine, but I love others celebrating! So they cut cakes, and I love cakes! I ate more than others for sure, yeah the cake! And then we sang song.. Yeah’ I remember I sang some stupid song too! And then we slept, this time I slept on the first floor with 7 peoples!
It was 8 when I woke up. I knew it was late, I was tired. Once I wake up till late, I end up being tired and slow. So I went to see my friends playing in the water. I hated the beach, and didn’t even dare to touch the water. So it was 11 when we got out. Four of us made quick exit so that we could see the market too. Found out that the market was slight cheaper than Nepal and the place we were staying. And we waited for the bus that moved at 3. We reached Vellore at 8 pm and searched for hotel there. Took some stupid hotel, where I slept in the floor.

Day 4:
Tired me, I didn’t wanted to get out of the room too. So for the first time ever, I watched TV seriously inside a hotel. I was watching news about Modi’s visit to Nepal. We took bus that would drop us to hostel at around 10, and we were at the hostel at around 11.


Suggestions:


Don’t get fool, and make hopes of staying in Paradise Beach. Stay in Auro Beach, Okay, fine don’t get into the water there. But stay there, and get into the other beach!

Don’t expect this place to be as good and fun as Goa! Pondicherry is like Goa, but not Goa!!

No comments: