Manakamana Gorkha Travel

Sep 20, 2014


And all of sudden, I remembered this trip! Manakamana Hike!!
I was in BBA Ist semester then. Five of us, the hostel friends planned this trip! When I remember now, I don’t find it adventurous at all, but older memories are always great!


Day 1: (Magh 1, 2066)
We caught bus from Old Bus Park to Kalanki at 5.30 in the morning that day! We reached Kalanki by at 6. Now, after reaching Kalanki, the bus was not available. They would take us to Kuringtar at the price of Narayanghat, and we were not ready for that! So, we got the bus at 9! It was already late, and we reached Kuringtar at 12. One hour was lost playing with the river thereby.
And then, we crossed the bridge thereby, and started walking! It is memorable for the reason that it was my first hiking too. I was so pissed of walking; I was the last one to walk! We reached till the first station when it was 3! And I could walk no longer.
Now, we reached there and took a long rest.
And then we walked slowly when two other guys from the back got us. We talked with them, and they were on the tour too. They told us that we were late, and asked us to walk as quick as possible. Now, I had no option, so I managed to walk!
We reached our place at 7! So tired! We found our hotel, and then took a round walk.
We slept that day.
Day 2:
Early morning, we went to temple. We did our darshan. And checked out of hotel at 8. We went to the back of the temple, where there would be bus from Manakamana to Aabu Khairani. The bus would leave at 9, so we had an hour remaining. Down the Army Camp, there was orange garden, we went there just to see around, but our tempted mind could not stop from plucking them. We ended in plucking one cap of oranges! My cap was used as bag for oranges!
Now we got the bus. The bus journey was so adventurous that I can never forget in my entire life. We were driving in the clouds. There were clouds every where, and the bus was moving. You could not see anything around, just clouds. The road was graveled, small, and the bus was speed! That was the exciting part of all, scary too!
Now we reached the highway, where we drop out of the bus. We waited for the bus to Gorkha, and we reached Gorkha at 1 pm. We took our late lunch, and then till 3 we reached the Gorkha Durbar, and caught bus to Kathmandu at 3. We reached Kathmandu at 9 in the evening! That was late!
Now, every time I reach Kuringtar, I see those hills. Every top seems clear to me, I can imagine how those places are. Now, I don’t feel it would be that difficult for me to walk that short distance. No snaps were taken then…!

No comments: