Attending Interview at Bank

Mar 10, 2016




Okay, I had already posted my interview stuff with one media house. Now, let me share with you my interview experience with one bank. I was a BBA graduate after all, and I had scope at banking sector too. So, without mentioning name of bank, let me share the story.


Initially, I went through written test, and I got a call for interview not just signifying that I was pass, but also as an indication of being selected. Being totally formal, I went to the bank. I was given time of 3.45 pm. I reached there at 3.30. My turn came at 3.50.

‘Come in’ two peoples welcomed me.
‘Thank You sir’
‘Have your seat’
This time I had my CV in my bag. In case if they need it, I should not make up the story of knife. But, they had my CV in their hand itself. So with formal introduction, they began up with question like,
‘Where do you see yourself in next five years?’
‘Somewhere in middle level with good position’ I replied.
Why?’
‘I should not dream of moon, without reaching roof top and observing the moon.’
Few questions were there, I replied with honesty and then this main hurdle came in,

What plans do you have if you are selected here?’
‘Evening MBA or maybe MA’ I said
But, how would you manage time? You have to be here till 5’
‘Evening MBA starts at 5.30, so I think I can cover up’
‘What if we place in you in those places where the journey till college would not cover in 30 minutes?’
I had already mentioned that I was not getting out of capital in my form itself, hence I was not aware that they were talking out of valley.
In that case, I would go for MA’ I replied sincerely.
You are deserving candidate, but we may place you outside Kathmandu, maybe in your hometown Biratnagar, would you..?’
‘I have clearly mentioned that I am not going out of capital in my form, so I certainly won’t’
Maybe that was what they wanted, and they came up with this,
You said you will go for MA, that is good for your individual aspect, but when you are in our organization, we look for someone who is fully dedicated to our organization’ Other panelist who was asking about my plan re inquired.
My academic carrier certainly will not affect work here, I can assure you that’ I said.
How can you say that? You will certainly come to us asking leave during your exam. That would be loss for us somewhere or the other’
This was their line, maybe they were testing me. But I came to reality, and dared to speak up:
‘In that case, I must say, you selected wrong candidate for interview’
To large extent, I understood that they wanted me full time there, and without joining my Masters.
Maybe that sounded rude, in order to ease up, other panelist asked,
So what do you know about our bank?’
I was already frustrated and wanted to get out of interview hall.
‘Nothing as much, I know it’s name, it is new bank’
‘Okay, do you know our CEO?’
Come on, their CEO was not Anil Shah or someone so famous, I clearly said, ‘I don’t know’.
Do you know any of our BODs?’
No I don’t’
‘What survey have you done before coming to this bank?’
‘I was just googling, and checking websites, but I don’t think there were something noticeable or outstanding’ I lied.

‘What did you notice in our website?
‘Nothing, just logo’
‘Anything you have to say upon it?’
‘I don’t think logo and bank’s name matches! Aren’t they so irrelevant?’ I said. Maybe that was again something rude, but I wanted to get out of there.
Okay, do you know how many A class banks are there in Nepal?’
‘32’ I said
‘Where would you rank our bank?’
‘Maybe 30, 31..’
‘Why?’
‘What’s there to keep it at top ten too? I have few of my friends working in this bank, they are so dissatisfied with their salary too’
Okay, finally they wanted to close the interview.
Anything you want to say at last? Any suggestion?’
‘Nothing sir, thank you for your time!’
I got out. I would have been honest, if they would let me to study, but how could I compromise my masters for their job? Maybe I expressed too much of attitude, but that was it, I did not want to work they would restrict my further education. I have shared this story with many of my friend; please don’t flash out the name of the bank if anyone of you even knows this.

Thank You for liking my earlier Interview Post with such many views. If you love this interview of mine, I do have some other interview stories to share too.



No comments: